Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Surprising Mix of Classic and Rock

I have been affected by music for my entire life. Since I was young I have been singing in choirs, playing in an orchestra for a little bit, and experimenting with other musical instruments to see what I liked to play. Recently I have taken up guitar, and have been playing for a little more than a year. In no means do I think of myself as a future rock star, but I do see myself staying with the instrument, and keeping it a part of my musical life in years to come.
I have always preferred rock and roll music to classical, but this specific song made a blend that even I couldn't resist. Canon Rock, a song played by a Japanese guitarist by the name of JerryC, it a rock and roll version of Pachabel's Canon. It is an exhilarating piece and completely stunning to listen to. It is only believable if you hear it and see it though. That is why I attached a video for you...that way everyone can enjoy it.

No comments: